Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kathmandu

Well its buisness as normal here in Nepal. My flight got me in late yesterday afternoon and I was rushed to the Ministry of Tourism before I even got to my hotel. They were staying open late to get the Dream Guides Everest permit issused before the weekend. I have never been in and out of the Ministry quite so quickly....amazing how paper can be pushed when people want it too!! I also got to meet up with Rob Casserly who is just back from an Everest Basecamp trek. All the folk with him had an amazing time and its something that Dream Guides will be looking to run on a permentant basis from now on, we will keep you posted on that. More exciting than all of this though is the news that Rob is set to marry his girlfriend...the beautifull Marie-Cristal, he proposed on the trek and she said YES!!! From all of us at Dream Guides we wish them both the very best. I fly to Lukla and start my trek to BaseCamp tomorrow but I'll try and update along the way with a few pictures to give you a flvour of the Khumbu valley. Take care out there. Kenton