Matterhorn week
Where to start???? It's been one of the most hectic times ever for Dream Guides. Guy has been in Chamonix and the Oberland while it seems I have been all over Europe with work.
It started about a month back with Gavin and Alison in Italy with the traverse of the Entrée on a beautiful day, followed by a cool ascent of the Tour Rond, which must be one of the best summit views in the whole Chamonix Range. Our final day was just Alison and myself (lucky me) as Gavin was ill (he said the food, I reckon the wine)and we climbed a rock route on the NW Slabs of the Paine which was awesome although I dropped my suunto watch from pitch 4 BOO HOO. After those few days I zipped back for an amazing wedding in the UK before embarking on a 2week odyssey in Switzerland.
It started in the rain near Arolla and over 15days we climbed in the Arolla area, Saas Grund, The Bernese Oberland, and Zermatt, in between I went to Fredrikshaven in Germany for an outdoor trade show. All this was done with Mike Atkinson and Richard Eden who were total stars over the whole thing (yes even you Mike). The icing on the cake was a very smooth quick ascent of the Matterhorn last Friday in the remarkable time of 3hr 55mins. Helping out there was Neil Johnson who did an ace job with Mike and it was a tired but happy group who sat having a beer in Zermatt at the end of it all. It was all the more sweet because on the Tuesday before the weather and conditions made the Matterhorn ascent look very unlikely.
My final 3 days of work were with Tom Ripley and Will Sim who were looking for some alpine skills to keep them alive in their first season. Again a really fun time was had which included crevasse rescue, moving fast over rocky ground, basic roping up skills, some rock climbing near my home and the all important BBQ (well done Will for the cooking) I wish them all the best in the next couple of months climbing.
So now its some down time for me I'm off to the states for my Honeymoon starting on Sunday but Dream Guides moves fwd and Guy is hard back at work next week with a week of private guiding.
The summer is halfway through already and there has been some fun times but, I for one am still looking forward to the next half of the season so come on and join the fun with us all.
Take care out there
Kenton
PS On honeymoon now and its AWESOME!!!!
# end
Where to start???? It's been one of the most hectic times ever for Dream Guides. Guy has been in Chamonix and the Oberland while it seems I have been all over Europe with work.
It started about a month back with Gavin and Alison in Italy with the traverse of the Entrée on a beautiful day, followed by a cool ascent of the Tour Rond, which must be one of the best summit views in the whole Chamonix Range. Our final day was just Alison and myself (lucky me) as Gavin was ill (he said the food, I reckon the wine)and we climbed a rock route on the NW Slabs of the Paine which was awesome although I dropped my suunto watch from pitch 4 BOO HOO. After those few days I zipped back for an amazing wedding in the UK before embarking on a 2week odyssey in Switzerland.
It started in the rain near Arolla and over 15days we climbed in the Arolla area, Saas Grund, The Bernese Oberland, and Zermatt, in between I went to Fredrikshaven in Germany for an outdoor trade show. All this was done with Mike Atkinson and Richard Eden who were total stars over the whole thing (yes even you Mike). The icing on the cake was a very smooth quick ascent of the Matterhorn last Friday in the remarkable time of 3hr 55mins. Helping out there was Neil Johnson who did an ace job with Mike and it was a tired but happy group who sat having a beer in Zermatt at the end of it all. It was all the more sweet because on the Tuesday before the weather and conditions made the Matterhorn ascent look very unlikely.
My final 3 days of work were with Tom Ripley and Will Sim who were looking for some alpine skills to keep them alive in their first season. Again a really fun time was had which included crevasse rescue, moving fast over rocky ground, basic roping up skills, some rock climbing near my home and the all important BBQ (well done Will for the cooking) I wish them all the best in the next couple of months climbing.
So now its some down time for me I'm off to the states for my Honeymoon starting on Sunday but Dream Guides moves fwd and Guy is hard back at work next week with a week of private guiding.
The summer is halfway through already and there has been some fun times but, I for one am still looking forward to the next half of the season so come on and join the fun with us all.
Take care out there
Kenton
PS On honeymoon now and its AWESOME!!!!
# end
Kenton Cool
IFMGA Mountain Guide
Dream Guides Ltd
Dream Guides Ltd
33 Chemin des Granges
Mont Saxonnex
74130
France
T 0033611634258
W www.dream-guides.com
E kenton@dream-guides.com