I arrived at the Adventure base Chalet to meet Andy Watts early Saturday morning. Due to a late finish on Fri I hadn’t had time to hook up with Andy so I was going in blind for the day, something that I hate doing. There was nothing at all to worry about, Andy was one of the most enthusiastic switched on clients I have ever had. He had never really been ice climbing before and took to it as if he was some French climbing god, despite his bendy boots and strap on crampons.
The first day we destroyed the cremere, climbing pretty much every shred of ice there, with Andy leading me up the final 3 pitch route in fine style.....awesome effort.

Day 2 and it was a bad forecast so we went to Chaterlard in Switzerland to strap Andy onto a grade 6 and he made short work out of it, he even reckoned he was pumped although I’m pretty sure he was telling fibs, it was the huge grin that gave it all away. I reckon the bad weather made him feel right at home (he is Scottish after all).
It had been honking snow all day and the drive back proved to be the crux for both of us, with the trusty car just making back over the col to France, but that wasn’t as bad as the poor Guy with the Motor Bike and sidecar that we saw...totally bonkers!!
Two days with Andy really wasn’t enough and I for one look forward to his return when we can really rip up some ice......with some better boots!!! Thanks for a great time Andy.

I’m now part way through a 3 day course with our trusty mate Seb Chivers and Rob. Today saw a great day out in Cogne Italy with the team tearing apart Patri Left Hand in awesome weather, blue skies and sunshine WOOHOO. A fine effort from the two boys on the route, and we treated ourselves to a cheeky beer and medals before the drive home.