Mike Kobold on route to camp 3.After a rest period at Base Camp The dream guides team felt strong, so we decided on a very quick blast up the mountain.
We left BC at 5.30 am and moved straight through to camp 2 in a good time. As we were all looking and feeling strong the next day we decided to climb all the way to camp 3, tag, (ie not sleep there) and then come all the way back to BC in the same day. A HUGE task but one that we all managed. All members were back in BC by 6pm that night.
Now we are all in BC and I had my first shower for 10days......it was bliss I tell you.
The team is now ready for a summit push and we are really only waiting for a weather window.
On other notes I must thanks a few people for their posts on the blog wishing us luck and commenting on the bolting news. I must also say thanks to Pete for your very constructive comments about the bolting!!.
On a sad note I must say that I got news about an old friend of mine John Evans who passed away after a climbing accident in Wales. John was very kind to me when I used to spend alot of time in Alaska. I Especially remember the time when Ian Parnell and I strung things out a little (we thought we were going to die!!) repeating Denail Diamond, the hot choc was very welcome at the 14 camp John Thank you for ever. Our thoughts at Dream Guides are with Johns family.
Please keep sending the comments as they all mean alot to the team here.
I'll keep you all posted on events
KC