Wednesday, April 07, 2010

DG Team In Namche

The Everest team are now 2 days into their ten day trek to Basecamp and things are all going really well. We are all currently at Namche Bizaar, the biggest of the Khumbu Villages. The trek has been pretty hot and dusty but I think I speak for all when I say that the scenery is simply stunning....
We are going to spend a 2 nights here letting our bodies get use to the altitude, The team is currently at 3400m...that only leaves another 5500m to the summit!!!!!! That's almost 5 vertical miles!!!! We got to see the mountain for the first time today....Bonita had stopped a little earlier and pointed a mountain out to David and Lewis, "WOW looks its huge" they were all taking photos when I asked what they are looking at..."Why its Everest" I chuckled and put them straight...when they did finally see Everest its still so far away it looks tiny. "I think mine looked better" said Bonita!!!!
Tomorrow is a rest day, but we will do a short hike to get some good views of the surrounding Mountains Stay safe out there KC and the DG team