Sitting in the Kitchen in my house in Fairford I can reflect on what was a great and enjoyable expedition to Everest. Coming home is always a little strange, the Everest team of 2010 is no more, we have parted ways and gone back to friends and loved ones. The close bonds we formed on the Expedition have been broken, but the friendship will always be there.
I for one miss the team and all the Staff, for the brief time we have at Basecamp we all worked towards one common goal, the summit. Now back at home I find the first few days a little aimless. Of course I'm happy to be at home with Jazz my wife and it doesn't take too long and Everest seems like a distant memory. I often say that what has happened is finished and only the future counts and this is no different. Everest 2010 will never diminish in my mind, it was a wonderful experience with new friends, but the summer in the Alps looms fast and I can't wait for the season's work to begin.
Everest 2010 is all but over, I'd like to thank all the staff who made it so special, and also the other climbers. David, Trotty, Bonita, Tom, Rick and Ali, thank you all for the experience.
Regards
KC