Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kathmandu

Well the team have finally done it. I'm sitting in the Summit hotel drinking a cool lemonade updating the blog. Its not all been plain sailing, our bags are MIA right now, including my camera equipment, hence no pictures again (sorry) and we did spend and extra day in Syangboche waiting for weather to fly out but its all pretty much over.

The flight from Syangboche was on a small Pilatus Pilot plane with a rather larger than life Italian at the controls, but he did a great job and in about 5 mins we landed in Lukla where we had to change planes. We waited for about an hour before hopping on the std flight to Kathmandu.

The contrast is amazing one minute its cold, snowy and we are surrounded by mountains, then 45mins later its hot dusty and flat. After 40days in the mountains its going to take a little bit of adjustment.

I think I speak for us all when I say we are all looking fwd to getting home to family and friends, but that we leave behind something special in the mountains. In the mean time there is some shopping to do and maybe a little bit of party action to celebrate.
Kenton and the Everest Team