Saturday, September 01, 2007

Advanced Base Camp


Sitting back in BC after setting up ABC under the mountain. Nick and I spent the last two days getting all the equipment a high camp. We have found a great spot about 45mins from the start of the climb. The route there is pretty complex. A huge glacial moraine which takes hours to cross. Huge boulders that seems about to fall on you each time you pass, often we have to jump between them making the whole thing pretty scary.
We spent the night at ABC which was great, a really clear starry night, (the first we have had), the only thing that disturbed the sleep was me screaming out during a nightmare. Interestingly Nick thought that I must have been dreaming about climbing and that I'd fallen off, in fact it was a cricket match??????.
Now we are resting at BC with some bad wet weather again, will it ever clear up here??
The route looks awesome though.