Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just like N Wales!!!


Wed 29th Aug

  Awoke again to the pitter-patter of rain on my tent fly, for the last 36hrs it's been non stop. Nick and I got back to BC yesterday after a wee walk up to a 6000m peak. We trotted round the corner for a few hours and climbed up to 5200m where we put up the tent for the night. Digging out some rocks for a tent platform I joined the lines of OAP's by putting my back out. Nick found this quite funny as he was still reeling after I burnt him off walking up, and told me that this would slow me down and served my right. The afternoon and eve was spent listening to the rain and watching the water soaking through the tent and into our sleeping bags, which I for one found very enjoyable.

  The following morning was horrid. N Wales has nothing on this place; the rain was replaced with sleet and thick cloud. We binned the idea of going up, and packed a wet tent before walking down. Returning to BC we reflected on what we had achieved; two soggy sleeping bags, a wet tent and a knackered back, not back for a 24hr trip for BC I think you would agree.

  Today the Dutch went up to Depot camp while Nick and I hang out drinking coffee and spraying. The weather is minge and there is little sign of improvement. The one glimmer of hope today was that I had the Bob the Builder mug for tea this morning. I normally get Digimon or Pokemon mugs which spoils my day. Also Nick has finally shaken high altitude Malaria (aka the common sniffle) and is off antibiotics, this meant he could start on the high quality Indian whiskey that we have last night. It was purely for medicinal reasons of course

  Plans? well they change by the hour so no point tell you really, I suppose it depends on my back and how much coffee we drink today.

 

  Nick and Kenton