Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy Faces

They say a face can tell a thousand stories, and looking at these pictures I have to agree. 2 days of very good skiing in the Chamonix area has put a smile on the faces of all who were there. Sunday was spent on the Toula Glacier high above Courmayeur in Italy. It really is one of my fav areas to ski, often away from the crowds with simply stunning views out across Italy. Its blessed with great snow most of the time and even better coffee. The team was an Adventure Base/Dream guides gaggle of Andy Egg and the Lovely Charlotte, Guy, Steph and myself. Despite a slightly crusty first pitch the glacier let us have pitch after pitch of creamy wonderful snow, we even had a cheeky stop for that coffee at lunch!! Monday was back in Chamonix. It had dumped all night with nearly 30cm in town itself, the poor visibility meant we had to find trees and the Mid Station of the Midi was just the place. Coming out of the station we were greeted by at least 50cm of the lightest snow I have ever seen in Europe, it was indescribable. The long shot from the station to the tree line was something I will remember for ever, every single turn was a face shot, Pete Benson was heard to say "I only stopped because I couldn't breath" With more snow on the way it looks like Chamonix is def the place to be right now for the Powder!! Be safe out there Kenton and Team DG